2018 Vancouver Small Business Information Expo
Connecting Business and Government Support Services
What: 2018 Vancouver Small Business Information Expo (SBIE)
When: Tuesday January 30, 2018 from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
Where: Roundhouse Community Arts and Recreation Centre
WHY: The SBIE will feature a tradeshow which will give you the opportunity to speak face-to-face with experts from over 50 support programs who provide valuable resources to small businesses. Interested in learning about how government support programs can help your business and your clients?Please join us!
In addition to the tradeshow portion of the Expo, you will have the chance to attend FOUR free educational panel sessions created for current and prospective small business owners!
Innovation Lightning Round 9:00 – 9:30 am
- Rapid-fire presentations of programs which support R&D of innovative goods and services with combined annual contributions of ~$900 million in direct funding and $3.3 billion in indirect funding
Selling to Government 10:00 – 11:00 am
- Interested in selling to the public sector? This panel brings together purchasing specialists from different levels of government who will help you understand the processes for government contracting.
Labour Market Potential 12:30 – 1:30 pm
- Are you searching in the right places for great employees with the right skills and abilities? This panel will feature programs which support both employees and employers to fulfill their potential and deliver high value to your customers.
EI Benefits for the Self-Employed 11:30 am – noon
- An information session on Employment Insurance Special Benefits for Self-Employed People will be offered by Service Canada. Come and learn about the newest changes to the program.
Access to Financing 2:00 – 3:00 pm
- Looking for sources of capital? Want us to show you the money? This panel will bring together government representatives who will provide you with information on various financing (loans & grants) programs and resources available to your business.
To promote accessibility, sign language interpretation (ASL – English) will be available on-site. Please indicate with your registration if you will need this service. The ASL version of this content can be found at https://youtu.be/bpCwUDEtLKo
**Please note that seating at the panel sessions is limited, and on a first-come, first-serve basis.**